At the beginning of this year, CES 2023 provided a great opportunity to observe the increasing demand for XR technology. A range of top innovators in the market, along with a few new companies, announced their latest headsets and technology, with a focus on VR, AR, and MR.
Among the manufacturers present at the conference, HTC VIVE, a well-known brand in the XR space, unveiled its latest product – the VIVE XR Elite. This new innovation is a versatile and powerful tool that can be customized and converted to provide lightweight access to immersive experiences. It is an all-in-one solution that supports both PC-connected and untethered access, with full access to the VIVERSE portal.
With its ability to enable vivid passthrough for MR experiences, the XR Elite is designed to introduce users to an exceptional headset experience that is the next generation in its category. Now, let’s examine its specifications more closely.
Expected to hit the market in February 2023, the HTC VIVE XR Elite boasts some remarkable specifications. The headset is not only sleek and compact, but it also provides users with a highly customizable experience. Furthermore, the XR Elite delivers exceptional viewing with fine-tuned precision for depth sensing, as well as immersive audio.
Here are some of the specifications that have been revealed thus far:
- Convertible, compact headset which can transform into a pair of smart glasses
- 1920 x 1920 pixels per eye for exceptional resolution
- 6 degrees of freedom with inside-out tracking
- 90 Hz refresh rate
- Up to 110 degrees field of view
- Dual microphones for echo cancellation
- Built-in speakers with immersive audio
- Dual integrated microphones
- Qualcomm Snapdragon XR2 processor
- USB Type C power and peripheral ports
- Bluetooth 5.2 and BLE
- Wi-Fi 6 and 6E connectivity
- 4 tracking cameras
- Depth sensor, proximity sensor, G-Sensor, and Gyroscope
- 16 MP RGB camera (passthrough)
- 24.31 battery cradle with removable and hot-swappable batteries
- 54-73mm adjustable IPD
- Controllers with capacitive sensors on trigger, thumb rest and joystick
- 128GB storage and 12GB memory